Your Highness Speaks

By June 1, 2009Opinions

I found some audio from the press junket where Danny Mcbride speaks a bit about the upcoming, Your Highness. Not mentioned in the clip is that the film will shoot in Belfast from mid July till mid October.

Danny McBride on Your Highness – Watch more Funny Videos

Those who aren’t familiar with Danny’s work and are unsure what to expect, I think that if you liked Natalie’s SNL rap and her appearance on Between Two Ferns…well, you’re at least in the right ballpark.

I was a bit mixed on Danny until recently. I thought he pulled off some really good cameos in average to bad films like Tropic Thunder, The Heartbreak Kid and Hot Rod. His first starring vehicle, which he also wrote, was Foot Fist Way. There was already quite a buzz around the guy but while he was good I thought the script was a little lacking. So while I liked him enough I wasn’t exactly doing handstands either.

What did it for me was his work with David Gordon Green, who is also directing Your Highness, over the last year. Pineapple Express was a real blast, which in less assured hands would have been a total disaster. Despite Rogen and Franco doing such a great job, it was Mcbride who almost stole the show. That was followed by the “I can’t believe this is a TV show” awesomeness of Eastbound and Down. Its as offensive as it is funny, which is why I think the SNL rap is a good comparison. If that kind of humour makes you cringe, I think you’re going to want to focus on Natalie’s other upcoming films.

David Gordon Green is definitely one of the best young American directors. He’s doing comedy now (Pineapple and several episodes of Eastbound) but prior to that he made a name for himself with 4 stunning indie dramas. George Washington, Undertow, All The Real Girls and Snow Angels is a heavy going but amazing run of films.

As you can tell, I’m really excited about this project.

• downwithbears says:

I can’t wait. I’m much more of a ComedyNerd than a Sci-FiNerd so I’ve been waiting for Natalie to do a comedy forever.

Danny McBride is one of my favorite people on earth right now, and James Franco’s been awesome since Freaks and Geeks. I can’t remember the last time of been this excited to see one of Natalie’s movies.

• Dazza says:

I’m glad Natalie isn’t playing Franco’s girl. Think there should be a lot of fun to be had with her playing a warrior and making out with Danny ๐Ÿ˜›

• Lodovico Settembrini says:

The synopsis didn’t say she’s hooking up with that fat and ugly guy. That should be just a platonic love for the lazy prince, I guess. (What Dazza said would be totally disgusting, and not funny.)

• Dazza says:

I would be surprised if they don’t kiss.

• Lodovico Settembrini says:

Why?

• Lodovico Settembrini says:

Even if this is a comedy, that would be too weird they to hook up. And McBride’s character is seems a lazy and arrogant nerd, a looser. I highly doubt he gets Natalie’s character at the end. That wouldn’t be funny, just simply weird and awnkward. Maybe he’s stalking her agressively but I couldn’t imagine more… ougggghhhhh… besides, there is already a romantic sequence: between Franco and her fiancรฉe.
    I think to show her romantically involved with ugly or weird people is quite unbelievable and unattractive. That’s why they didn’t show her hooking up with Javier Bardem’s character. ๐Ÿ™‚ So, I really don’t know why do you think it’s neccessary to put her together with an unattractive, fat chubby guy. And why do you think they SHOULD do it. That would be quite disappointing and incredible, so I would be surprised if they would want them hooking up. Ouhhhh….

• Dazza says:

I started doing a reply but it was getting long so I decided to make it a brand new update. Booyah!

• Lodovico Settembrini says:

Dazza, brother, I’m not upset with your theory. Because it’s just a theory, your personal opinion. It’s funny how you claimed it as a fact in the main site.

• Dazza says:

“Why Natalie will kiss this man” is partially a joke. Headlines are to draw attention. In the actual article I clearly state that its not fact.

• Lodovico Settembrini says:

Okay, okay. I think we should stop this before making this place a living hell. ๐Ÿ™‚