I See Brothers

By June 7, 2009Nat-news

Wow, are my eyes deceiving me or do we finally have the first look at Brothers? That was rhetorical, by the way. Yes, indeed, Garcy found a bunch of watermarked promo photos from photographer, Cathy Kanavy’s site.

I gotta say, they do absolutely nothing for me. Here’s hoping the acting and the storytelling pack a bit more of a punch.

Blonde is not a good hair color for her, sry2say.

• Dazza says:

I don’t really care about how she looks. You’re right that dark is better on her but I don’t mind a change for a film, if they think that’s right for the character. Its not about always looking your best.

I’m more worried about how its framed and lit like a Hallmark film.

I wasn’t making commentary on the film itself, but putting it like that, I guess it is a shame her hair got wrecked for something that looks less than stellar. 😉

I’m getting more of a Lifetime Original Movie vibe.

• amo says:

wow – i shoudn’t’ve taken my glasses off. as a thumbnail that really looks like she’s introducing herself to little tobey.

• Jenski says:

That’s just onset photography. How it’s gonna look on film can be very different. Don’t they usually fiddle with that stuff in post production?

• Garcy says:

From the pictures, I’m getting more of a “Where the Heart Is” feel. Having seen the original movie, I can’t really see this remake as making a huge impact Oscar-wise (especially with that ending), except for possible acting nods. A December release is slightly encouraging I suppose.

• Kitten says:

Got to say I got the Where The Heart Is vibe too LOL, but I am still holding a lot of hope for this film, I think it is going to be a good performance for Nat, can I ask what is the original ending for Brothers?

Just glad to FINALLY have some pics

• Kate923 says:

I dunno, it looks kind cool to me! Sometimes I just want to see something quiet and moving instead of something that’s like “This Is An Oscar Winning Flick”. You know, something like The Ice Storm or something.

• Dazza says:

Please don’t post the ending here. PM if needs be.

Kate, I’m down with that. The problem is The Ice Storm still looked fantastic. Sure it was a quiet drama but you wouldn’t confuse it for a made for TV movie.

Hopefully Garcy is right and these aren’t representative of the final look.

I’m so spoilerphobic that I can’t look at these. Caught glimpse and saw part of one comment 🙁 but yeah, I’m a weirdo.

• Garcy says:

Kitten – I sent you a PM. I really liked Connie Nielsen’s performance in the original movie. She is an underrated actor and really shines in those types of roles (Gladiator comes to mind as well). It is a great role and I’m glad Natalie snatched it. I’m just nervous as to how she is going to approach it. I hope I won’t be disappointed.

• viona says:

I don’t think this is going to be her best performance like her performance in drama
    (her best for me are still Closer and Cold Mountain)