Golden Globe Nomination

By December 14, 2010Nat-news

Natalie has landed her 3rd Golden Globe nomination for her role in Black Swan. She is up against Nicole Kidman, Halle Berry, Jennifer Lawrence and Michelle Williams.

Black Swan also landed a Best Drama nomination and congrats must also go to Mila Kunis (Best Supporting Actress) and Darren Aronofsky (Best Director).

All the nominees can be found here.

• natasc says:

Yeay for Natalie!!
    I haven’t seen Jennifer’s movie, but I heard she did a pretty good job there!

Wow….they not put Annette not even on the “Supporting Actress” category…..
    Now I’m surprised….
    poor Annette =/
    can’t see this happening with the Oscars…

Annette got her nomination in the comedy/musical category.

• natasc says:

uoa… I didn’t thought her movie was comedy/musical….
    and big yes for Mila as well!
    Darren I was pretty sure he would be in.

you know what…I always thought that the categories were supposed to be separated Drama from Comedy and Musical one
    if that was in the Oscar it would prevent a lot of their injustices…

• Nannina says:

The Globes are strange… just looking at the comedy list, you’ve got to be kidding me. And Johnny Depp’s two nominations? So very random.

• Karen says:

Natalie!!
    I hope she wins the GG.
    And i feel very good for Mila 😀

There was no greater sure bet than Jolie and Depp getting nominations. Globes will never miss the opportunity to get a big star showing up.

• NATS#1FAN says:

Hurrah for Natalie Portman. I have been a huge fan since “Where the Heart Is”. Watched it 20 times already! Can’t wait for Black Swan to come out in my town.

So happy for Natalie!!! And of course Mila, Darren, and…the movie. Yeah, some interesting nominations there. But I can’t say a lot as I haven’t seen most of the movies and don’t watch most of the television shows nominated. I’ve seen actors get multiple noms before…I think in recent years it happened at the Academy Awards. Meryl Streep got nominated for two different movies and didn’t win either one. Can’t wait until (I think) January 16th!

• Mockingbird says:

Congratulations to Natalie and all involved with “Black Swan”. Darren and the producers worked so hard to get this movie together so I’m especially pleased for them 🙂

@ Nannina: The Golden Globes tend to prioritise star power over actual talent which explains the ridiculous nominations and omissions, also why they pretty much ignore technical acheivements like editing, cinematography, etc.

• Ranbirman says:

I hope Natalie Portman wins the award!
    Good-luck Natalie Portman!

• #1NatPortfan says:

Annette Bening and Julianne Moore as best actress? It’s like nominating Natalie and Mila Kunis as best actress when Mila is only a supporting actress.If the Academy do that at the oscars that could mean trouble for Natalie’s hope to win a oscar.There is always a chance for favoritism towards Mrs.Bening.Ihope the Academy do the right thing and award Natalie’s performance.In the meantime lets hope Natalie wins the Golden Globe,there is a good chance she will since Mrs.Bening will not be in the same category as Natalie.

• natasc says:

@#1NatPortfan Actually no. In the movie Julianne is much more “main” than supporting. Which was the big discussion about Annette’s performance and her chances of getting a Oscar. The history is much more centralized on Julianne’s character. And I heard she did a pretty good job as well, only Annette did better and is more of a supporting than Julianne. So, Academy can put Annette in the “supporting” category giving her clear chance of winning like they did with Jennifer Connely. And also would be easier to Natalie to win hers =]
    IMO.

• Jenski says:

Way to go, Natalie! This should be her 4th (Leon) but those bastards…….

Anyway, I’d hoped Hershey would get the supporting nod.

I was, too. I’m kind of surprised Mila got the nomination instead. She was good, but she was just kind of there. Her character didn’t really have much depth and was just there as a foil for Natalie’s character. I guess most critics found Barbara Hershey’s character/performance to be too over-the-top.