New Poll + Black Swan Results

By December 29, 2010Site-news

It’s time for a new poll and if there ever was a poll topic, this is it. I appreciate the position of those who would rather not reduce something personal for Natalie into a “thumbs up/thumbs down” poll, but we’ve always advocated an open discussion on all things Natalie. There are already plenty of comments and heated discussions on the site, so this poll is going to be utterly benign in comparison.

I’m really curious about this one so let’s get to it.

The engaged and pregnant poll

As for the Black Swan poll, I’m really happy to see that around 60% of you guys have already been able to see the film. The full results are after the jump.

When are you planning to see Black Swan?

I’ve already seen it. – 42.7% (149 votes)

I’ll see it as soon as it opens in my country. – 24.6% (86 votes)

I’ve already seen it more than once. – 16.9% (59 votes)

I plan to see it soon. – 9.5% (33 votes)

I’m in no rush. – 4.9% (17 votes)

I have no interest in seeing it. – 1.4% (5 votes)

• Jenr1215 says:

Wow. Some people are selfish. :/

• Lodovico Settembrini says:

I’m happy. I wish all the best to her. Truly hope she finds real happiness with her would-be family. Good luck for her new life!

I wish Natalie and Benjamin all the best. The harsh judgments being passed off on her and her fiance make me really uncomfortable.

• Herzwerk says:

There is no “I don’t really care” option.
    Even though I love Natalie as an actress, I’ve never been interested in her private life.
    I’m happy for her, though.

• nephi says:

The damning articles from New York Post Page Six on how their relationship came to be have certainly cast a shade on this news.

• Tito says:

• nephi says:

I rest my case. It’s like a witch-hunt really

• #1NatPortfan says:

@Nephi-You are right,the reportfrom New York Post really cast a shade.If the report is true,we should not be surprised because Natalie studied Psychology in Harvard,so she knows how to work with mens mind.She knows how to seduce men and she always gets what she wants.I think the real guilty is Ben,because if he was living with this ballerina he should have been faithful to her and reject Natalie’s advances.That means Ben is not loyal.If he did this to Issabella he can do it to Natalie too.Thats what worries me.It could end up hurting Natalie on the long run, and Clone’s prediction could come true and this marriage last less than two years.

I don’t like what you’re implying, #1NatPortfan.

• awiseone says:

I couldn’t be happier for her and Ben and the baby.
    I wish them all the best.

• #1NatPortfan says:

I have seen certain similarities between Natalie’s love life and some of her movies,like No Strings Attached and The Other Woman.I think Natalie should be more careful in her selection of roles,that these roles don’t affect her reputation.She is a great actress as we have seen in Black Swan.She doesn’t need roles that belittle her and paint her in false colors.If she is a homewreaker or not i don’t know and i don’t care.But these films do not help her in keeping the good image Natalie has built for so long in her other films.No wonder The Other Woman didn’t fare well with the critics and i think No Strings Attached will not fare well with the critics also.I hope these films don’t hurt Natalie’s chances to win the oscars.This is Nats year and her possibility to win the oscars has never been so bright as this moment.I hope she wins.

• #1NatPortfan says:

@Omgzrachel-As i said before if Natalie is a homewreaker or not i don’t know nor do i care.But she is a woman,and women have their ways to seduce men.If you remember when Natalie filmed ”Carmencita” with Devendra Barnhart she bought him lunch.After that they were boyfriends.Of course it could had been the other way around and it be Ben who seduced Natalie.But that is not the point.The point is that Ben was not faithful nor loyal to Issabella.Even when Ben was not married to her the fact that he lived three years with her makes them almost husband and wife although not legally.I really fear for Natalie.I hope i am mistaken.

Even after the explanation I’m still not sure what your point is #1.

Herzwerk, if you’re happy for her then that’s the option to vote on isn’t it? 😛

Natalie is a witch or something, idk either.

This whole conversation is very confusing…almost comical or a parody of something. Is it because I didn’t read the NYP article? Why is everyone calling her a home wrecker, a seductress, and a witch? If yes, I’ll go read it first…just haven’t had the chance yet…and maybe that’ll help me understand. From just a glance it looks like it’s comparing “The Other Woman” to their relationship…is that the right article? I really don’t want to know the synopsis of the movie b/c I haven’t seen it yet so maybe I should wait on it.

“This must sound psycho, but finding out about her pregnancy and engagement with this guy who we know way less about than her previous boyfriends… it’s like being a family member and finding out through the press that someone in your family is knocked up. It’s so strange and out of nowhere.”

I don’t find that to sound psycho…it was kinda the same with Devandra, like huh? I think we knew even less about him though. He seemed to come out of nowhere and was such an odd choice for her. We do know a little more about Ben as it seemed it hit the news pretty quickly after they started dating, but it’s only been a year…you can’t judge a man or a woman’s ability to parent in only a year.

And studying psychology has NOTHING to do with being able to manipulate a man’s mind, nor do I think that was her intention…and it’s not something that’s even remotely taught anyway! I also have a bachelor’s degree in psychology. I did A LOT of graduate work (almost got my Master’s, so I’ve studied much more than her) did experimental research with professors, and I worked with autistic and developmentally delayed individuals. I haven’t the slightest idea of how to manipulate anyone’s mind, was never taught to, nor was that my intention when I went into the field. That is not why people go into psychology. I think going to college gave her a chance to get into the “real world” for a while and expand her horizons, make friends out of the industry, etc. I think it was a good experience for her…I know it was for me.

I find this suggestion incredibly ridiculous and highly offensive to all who have studied and work in the field of psychology.

My calling her a witch (I hope people pick up on my sarcasm here) was in reference to #1NatPortfan’s bizarre, backwards comments about Natalie apparently being some sort of maneating succubus and her fiance and previous boyfriends possessing no free will or whatever the hell they’re trying to say. This sort of viewpoint is not only insulting to psychologists, but men and women in general.

Gotcha Rachel. I thought you were kidding but am often slow on the uptake. I do enjoy your sense of humor. 🙂

• bryanalex says:

Best wishes to Natalie and Ben for sure. I just worry for her is all. I see her relationships (from afar and with no actual personal knowledge) and they seem intense and short lived. If that is all you have had for relationships, then that is the pattern she is used to expecting and following. So, to make this one last, may be more of a challenge than she has ever had to face. And with his busy schedule and hers, having to be apart so much … well we can only wish her the best. She has shown great strength of character and strong family values in the past so that is a positive indication in her favor for a successful future. Good luck Natalie.

Well said bryanalex.

• thesgt2011 says:

the tv and press solud back off for the rest off the your rember what happed to britney speurs