Dior Advert Here

By February 21, 2011Nat-news

Step down Miss Dior Cherie. It’s been quite awhile since she filmed the advert in Paris, but the Sofia Coppola directed advert has finally arrived. And now I have the urge to eat strawberries.

• WanderinRoy says:

Well, that is probably as much skin as Natalie is going to be showing for awhile. Unless, of course she decides to breastfeed her infant in public. (We can only hope!)

• DavidK says:

Oy vey.

• sascha says:

Je t’aime Natalie.

• nephi says:

If she looked at me the way she looks in that last shot? I would do anything for her. DAMN!

• pauli says:

gorgeous and romantic commercial, beautiful music! I like the way she’s saying ‘Miss Dior Cherie by Christian Dior’
    …and 0:20 is so lovely! ;D

• justanotherfan says:

J’adore, elle est belle. Absolutely stunning, could she be any more perfect1!? <3

• Nannina says:

Now she needs to do a whole movie with Sofia. So beautiful. I especially love the shot of her infront of the closet with her dress unzipped. That kid is so young though… it’s kind of funny.

• beatsbroken says:

The Hollywood Reporter linked you guys in their article about the video! how cool!

I like it… but don’t love it. Think the original commercial from a few years ago was more exciting and represented the brand better. I think my big issue here is that, while I am a huge Natalie fan, I feel like she’s being a little bit of a hypocrite. She didn’t start wearing Dior until she had signed on to this. And she rarely wears the brand, and when she does I feel like it’s because she’s obligated to and not because she actually likes their clothing.

Now if there was a commerical for a perfume by Lanvin or Rodarte, I would totally love it, get it and want to buy it!

I think Natalie doing advertisements for Dior is more honest than the multitude of celebrities hawking cheap drugstore cosmetics/cleansers/hair dyes/etc. when you know they don’t use that shit. At least Natalie has actually worn the brand before signing on for the campaign.

As for the ad, I can’t quite get past that dreadful song accompanying it. It’s very pretty with the mute on.

• DavidK says:

I agree about the choice of music. I also was hoping for less clothing.

• nimbuschick says:

Who is the guy? Looks like Anton Yelchin.

• Miss Cassandra says:

I agree with beatsbroken. Natalie is better suited repping a more mature scent…Miss Dior Cherie is more of a young girl’s fragrance.

And what’s with the Jonas brother in the commercial? :p

• teatray says:

Gainsbourg, Sofia, Dior… i liked it!
    but this feels kind of fake. non?
    i mean it’s really wonderful for all the charities involved but… *shrugs*

• cherryvanilla says:

Cassandra, have you smelled the perfume? I know they’re trying to sell it as a girl’s fragrance but it’s too heavy even for my mother who likes headache inducing scents! 😀 I think the previous campaign, as lovely as it was, didn’t match the perfume at all. You would expect vanilla and rosewater watching it but a visit to the counter would make you change your mind! I think Dior decided to put someone more mature in the campaign than that blonde young model to match the perfume better. Still don’t like the actual fragrance though!

• spoonbat says:

link died

Beats – Got that THR link?

I do prefer Sofia’s last ad for Dior, but this is still pretty damn gorgeous. I can’t wait to see the full version, which will be more representative of what Sofia was going for.

• Céd says:

link died

Still works for me. A box pops up giving me, presumably, an error. But I hit the x and then the vid still plays. However, if that doesn’t work you can download it here.

• beatsbroken says:

Hi Dazza – Sorry, It was actually Indiewire who linked you guys. All of these movie blogs start to blend together come awards season!

Here’s the link: http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/archives/watch_miss_dior_cherie_ad_starring_natalie_portman_directed_by_sofia_coppol/

Oh, the playlist, yeah I mailed them about it cos I really enjoy their site.

I’m late to the party…Natalie looked beautiful but I didn’t much care for the ad. I thought the perfume wasn’t coming out until March?

• amo says:

Well THAT was horrible. Well done, Western Culture, well done.