Black Swan Blu-ray And DVD

By March 4, 2011Nat-news

Black Swan lands on Blu-ray and DVD on March 29th! The Blu-ray extras are as follows:

● Metamorphosis: A Three-Part Series – A behind the scenes look at the filmmaking process from Darren Aronofsky’s visionary directing, to the physically-demanding acting, to the stunning special effects.
● Behind the Curtain – An inside look at the film’s costume and production design.
● Ten Years in the Making – Natalie Portman and Darren Aronofsky discuss their creative journey, from “preparing for the role” to “dancing with the camera.”
● Cast Profiles – Roles of a Lifetime – Presented by Fox Movie Channel, the stars reflect on the their challenging and rewarding characters

The DVD will seemingly only include the Metamorphosis feature. Garcy says that she heard Aronofksy say that he will release his commentary track to itunes. He did the same for The Fountain so that’s entirely plausible.

If you plan to get yourself a copy, please use one of our Amazon links below.

I’m SO excited and had it pre-ordered as soon as that option was available. But putting the commentary on ONLY iTunes or am I totally misunderstanding and that he will release the commentary for people who buy the movie FROM iTunes? Why in the world would he do that? What about those people who don’t like/have/use iTunes? And how in the world do you listen to a commentary on one medium while watching it on another? I’d want to watch the commentary while watching the movie! Or is he putting it on iTunes in addition to having it on the disc so that people have either option? If not and it’s only on iTunes that, I have to say, is ridiculous. Why in the world would you not include it on the disc???

Sorry if I went all nutty there…I just a loathing for iTunes so if I see that word, my eyes turn red and smoke comes out of my ears.

• sascha says:

are there any special/limited editions announced?

With the Fountain the studio decided not to include the commentary so he released it for free on the web. I’m not sure if there are similar reasons if he’s doing the same again (maybe he mentioned why in that interview that Garcy saw? *nudge nudge*) but I’m pretty sure it will be readily available whether you want to get it from itunes or not.

Having it on different media I guess could be a pain for some people. Really would depend on your setup. I watch films on my PC so I wouldn’t have a problem or if I did watch on TV I’d put it on my ipod.

• celia says:

Thanks, Daz 😀 Damn, I wanted the black cover but my new laptop has Blue Ray…oh well. I’ll be ordering via the site link for $$$$ 😀

• Betareject says:

I’m so pumped for this movie to come out to Blue Ray/DVD I’m espcially excited for all the extra behind the scenes material!

I was wondering if you guys have an Amazon.ca link set up at all? I definitely want to pre-order through you guys but am from Canada. ^^;

Unfortunately not. Would be great if the various Amazon stores could all fall under one banner for that sorta thing, but alas.

Ugh, that totally sucks about iTunes then. I was hoping I was wrong and that if you bought the movie on iTunes (I know many movies are available on there) the commentary would be included, but if you bought the DVD it would be on there. I think it’s a really bad idea. As incredibly excited as I am about the the DVD coming out, this kinda puts a damper on it for me. I mean…it’s Black Swan for heaven’s sake! How can you compare The Fountain to Black Swan…Natalie swept best actress and it got an Indie Award, and did awesome at the box office! Is it that much harder or expensive to add commentary on the DVD/Blu-ray? Ugh. I hope that at least we won’t have to pay for it? I’m sure we will. So those who don’t have i(whatevers) are basically unable to hear the commentary and those who do will probably have a hard time making sure the commentary matches up with the movie.

If you watch the movies on your PC, how does that work with the iTunes commentary? Do you play iTunes and the movie at the same time?

I’m pretty sure it’ll be free.

I started the film, hit play on the mp3 and voila.

• AMSSERME says:

According to Blu-Ray.com,Target Stores will offer as a exclusive a combo of Blu-ray DVD and a digital copy of Black Swan and it comes with a red cover.Unfortunatly here in Puerto Rico there is no Target store.I preordered the Blu-Ray at BestBuy last week,but perhaps i’ll preorder the DVD at Amazon.com.I’m happy Black Swan will be on Blu-Ray-DVD by March 29th.I will buy it at day 1.

• PatrynXX says:

so will it be a month delay on netflix…. can’t really afford to buy it right now 🙁