New Poll + Bollywood Results

By August 31, 2011Site-news

The new poll is based on my update from the weekend about Colombiana, in which it’s made pretty clear that the new action film, starring Zoe Saldana, is HEAVILY inspired by The Professional. So I want to know…

Would you be happy with a Colombiana-like Mathilda film?

As for the Bollywood poll, the results were definitely more negative than positive, but just over a quarter of voters would actually be down with that idea.

Full results after the jump.

How would you feel about Natalie acting in a Bollywood film?

I wouldn’t be thrilled but would try to keep an open mind. – 37.6% (64 votes)

It would be a complete waste of time. – 29.4% (50 votes)

It would be a nice change of pace. – 20% (34 votes)

It would be a dream come true. – 7.6% (13 votes)

What’s Bollywood? – 5.3% (9 votes)

I’d love to see Nat in a grownup version of that role, but I just think too much time has passed and Besson’s style has changed too much.

The question is kind of confusing. I’m not sure what you mean about Columbiana-like. It doesn’t look very good to me but then I’ve only seen the trailer. It would be cool to have a “Professional” sequel but NOT if it was like Columbiana. However, like Rachel, I also think it’s been too long.

• AMSSERME says:

It’s true Natalie is too old to play a Matilda sequel,but if she keeps her slim and athletic figure she could still be on time to make this sequel since she’s 30 years old.It all depends on the script and that Besson direct the film.Natalie has stated this before.But as I posted before,as time pass and Natalie gets older it’s going to be difficult for her to do a Leon sequel.

• NPortmanFan says:

@AMSSERME: I don’t think Natalie is too old at all. She was around the same age as her character when she made “Leon”, so she would be around the same age as her character in the sequel. I would be so happy if they made a sequel to Leon — I would just want it to be made with care and faith to the original.

On the other hand, and I may be contradictory (lol), I do agree with Rachel a bit. Leon came out…what…17 years ago? That’s a long gap lol.

• narkel says:

I prefer not to see Natalie doing any sequel. Luc can have Natalie acting in the new film but I really doubt the result will be as beautiful as Leon. And not because they don’t have any talent or something, Natalie blown us away with her performance as well as Jean Reno and Gary Oldman. While Luc Besson directed the movie and put together all this amazing talent and made a great movie. The point is just that Leon captured a moment that we all have in our minds, so that first impression is hard to beat, I think.

By Colombiana-like I mean an action first, slick, female kicking ass type of film. So really, change the title to Mathilda, Nat for Zoe and some minor details changing…would people be happy with that as their Professional sequel.