The Phantom Menace 3D

By October 25, 2011Nat-news

I’m sure you guys are aware that George Lucas is re-releasing all six Star Wars films in 3D, and first out the gate is The Phantom Menance on February 10th.

Well, there is now a poster and trailer up, which won’t exactly surprise anyone, but fans might enjoy checking them out. You can do so by clicking the thumbnail below.

• StarWarsObsessed says:

Glad you were able to find a trailer.
    And BAHAHA!!! That article was hilarious!!

• NPortmanFan says:

I’m definitely not seeing this in theatres lol. How many times and in how many formats is Lucas going to release these? Ugh.

The only re-released film that I will see in 3D is Titanic. First because it’s amazing (judge all you want lol). And second, James Cameron has been working on the transfer for a REALLY long time…putting a lot of care and effort into it. And all reviews of early screenings have said that it’s SO well done and beautiful.

• PatrynXX says:

and for those without perfect 20/20 vision. yer screwed. 🙁 simply a fad. only one that worked right was Virtual gameboy 😛 which of course was a POS. But only 3d that worked. Closer I am to the screen the better.

• clone says:

I would watch it a dozen times. Natalie could get a 3D form like when you see her whole body form, or when she aims a gun towards us.

I really really really don’t want to see it. Those of you who are on here a lot might know much I despise 3D. It’s such a gimmick and I am very upset that Lucas would do this. Does he need the extra money? He just put out a the blu-ray. And ruined some of it. Hopefully most people will have Star Wars fatigue and not want to see it yet again. I can watch it over and over but I just feel this is so ridiculous. I don’t have 20/20 vision either so it looks really weird to me. The screen takes on a parabolic shape. Plus fast scenes make me feel nauseous and I get migraines.

The only way I can get behind 3D is if it’s done like it was in Avatar (which I didn’t even really care for), not added post-production as an afterthought or a gimmick.

Apparently post production 3D can look amazing, it’s just a matter of them being able to put that time in.

• aygswithlaygs says:

I don’t care about 3D or the prequels. I just want to be able to see the original trilogy in theatres, since I missed out on them in 1997.