The Counselor

By April 12, 2012Nat-news

A couple days ago Maribel sent a Slashfilm link about Angelina Jolie potentially joining Ridley Scott’s upcoming The Counselor. In the article they still mention that Natalie is in talks for the role of Michael Fassbender’s wife…a role many women would be happy to take, for sure.

Then I got an email from Jack, who heard producer Nick Wechsler say that he was producing The Counselor and that he was looking forward to working with Ridely, Fassbender and Natalie.

I find it a bit strange to contradict the producer of the film (assuming Jack was being truthful) but, that’s exactly what I have to do. I checked with my source again and Natalie is absolutely not in talks for The Counselor.

Either way it shouldn’t be long until there’s definitive confirmation. Stay tuned.

• Adonis says:

No question: Ridley Scott is one of the greatest directors in Hollywood with many top films in his career, and now with its new top film (Prometheus) in the summer it is certainly huge ring in the box office!
    I really hope and wish of the whole heart, that Natalie still in the movie “The Counselor” is, and with this great director but still works.
    Why not?
    Because the competitors are no better than Natalie – on the contrary!

Poop. 🙁

• whenpukedries says:

Aside from Gladiator and Thelma and Louise I was not thrilled with his body of work as listed on IMDB.

• shoe89 says:

Hey Dazza,

I hate to be the one to say this…but you were wrong about thor. lol. Anyway I hope that she gets another starring role. I feel as if all of these upcoming roles are all supporting.

• whenpukedries says:

Wrong about Thor, ooh wish I knew the deets! But your birthday is coming up right? When being wrong is oh so right. Like realizing you *I have been visiting this site for over 10 years. The only site I’ve ever stayed this loyal to. No wonder I thought I was married to Natalie at one point. Haha

• Dazza says:

Shoe89 – I asked a direct question regarding Thor and got a direct answer. It was true at the time but wasn’t the whole story. I did include “who knows what tomorrow might bring” in that update and I apologized after Natalie had officially signed on.

Since then I always double check to try and make sure whether a rumour is half true (like maybe the report that she’s signed is false but there is SOME interest) or completely false.

For all the rumours over the years, to only get one sorta wrong (and there were examples where everyone was saying it would happen – Suspiria, Cloud Atlas, Jupiter Ascending) I think that should be enough to trust me and for me to trust my sources (my current source is actually not the same as the Thor source).

It’s also always worth remembering that any info I get is from Natalie’s side of the fence. If the other side, like the studio, is planning to send a script to Natalie but Natalie doesn’t know about it yet, then my info would be “it’s BS” but there’s always the chance that the info leaked from the studio side and it just hadn’t progressed to Natalie’s side yet.

If that makes any sense.

• Adonis says:

whenpukedries # “Black Hawk Down”?
    Hard movie but true.
    Of course also includes “Thelma and Louise” to my absolute favorite movies!

• whenpukedries says:

Adonis, I didn’t see it but generally confer the edict of tedious to all war movies. But I did see part of Full Metal Jacket recently and laughed as hard as I have at anything. Adonis, where are you from and are you really hot like your name implies?

• Adonis says:

In truth I do not like “war movies” – I am clearly against any war in this world!
    I wanted to do is pay attention as Ridley Scott, for example, this movie has made so masterful and authentic, even when based on a true story.
    So you can guess where I come from, and if you’re near, I promise to tell you.
    And if I’m hot like my name? Maybe!