Jackie

By September 28, 2012Nat-news

Deadline Hollywood, who is normally quite reliable, is reporting that Natalie is being courted by Fox Searchlight (their last collaboration, Black Swan, turned out okay) for Jackie, a drama focused on Jackie Kennedy in the wake of her husband’s assination.

Darren Aronofsky, who directed Black Swan, was attached to direct with then wife Rachel Weisz starring, but it never happened and the project still doesn’t have a director. According to Deadline, Natalie loves the script (from a writer, Noah Oppenheim, who has no writing credits yet) but her real interest will depend on who comes on to direct.

I’m going to try and find out if this report is accurate, but in the meantime, what do you guys think? Could Natalie pull off Jackie Kennedy?

• Sharhem says:

She can actually pull off whatever she wants, so yeah! I’m totally in for this.

• LH458 says:

After “Jane got a Gun” another interesting Movie for me. And Natalie as Jackie Kennedy? If u look at JK’s Bio > That fits very well!

• AMSSERME says:

I agree with Sharhem,Natalie could play any character or role offered.But the question is:Is Natalie’s height the same as Jackie Kennedy?I think Natalie is too short unless she use high heels shoes.Without this inconvinience I think Natalie could play Jackie.

• Garcy says:

Rachel Weisz would’ve been perfect.

ia with Garcy. Not a huge fan of biopics, but I would have been interested to see what Aronofsky would have done with it.

• NPortmanFan says:

I remember when Aronofsky and Weisz were attached. I would have loved to have seen that partnership make another movie. Plus it would be nice to see what Darren would do with a biopic, since it’s so different from his usual films.

• ClarkGablejr. says:

Oops, I froze. Hope she does the part. 🙂

Hmm…Natalie is very versatile and she really puts a lot of work into researching a role. She pretty much throws herself into whatever she does. So, maybe? I think it largely depends on the script as well. I don’t really think she looks a lot like Jackie Kennedy but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing if she’s convincing through her acting.

• Dazza says:

Yeah, also not a big fan of biopics. Like Natalie, my enthusiasm would depend on who the director is.

• LH458 says:

@AMSSERME “Natalie is too short”

I think it’s not a problem when the proportion to other actors is right.

• whenpukedries says:

I think a lot of Jackie could be nailed down with expression. But calm sincerity was the public Jackie. What is a gold mine here is what she could interpret as private Jackie, and I’m sure there is a lot of available insights on that. Caroline would probably talk to Natalie, dontcha think? A well written letter from Natalie would go a long way, and if she never responds, whatever… Definitely a role to help prime the “virtuoso” Natalie, and to help put to rest the “ingenue.”

• Adonis says:

Whether Natalie is the right person for this role or not, I think as a great actress, she can play any role. And if it comes to this film, and they want to participate, they should of course as “Jackie Kennedy” has to be there – no question!

• LightsCameraReaction says:

we should all be so jealous right now.

• natness says:

Do it, Natalie, give us another compelling performance and land another Oscar nomination.

And I agree, dazza. Biopics are usually redundant in their rise-and-fall-and-redemption structure. But it depends on who does it and how. “Ray” for instance was a strong take on the subject matter. What I really don´t like is the tendency to give them one-word titles connected to a name or nickname. I understand they must sell films, but come on, they could be a little daring and play around a little with more ambiguous titles.

• Dazza says:

I’m trying to think of the last great biopic I saw…Control?