Hello Darkness My Old Friend

By March 27, 2013Site-news

While I slept soundly on Monday night, some people broke into my place and carried away almost everything of monetary and personal worth that I owned. My phone, which was with me, is about all I have left.

Obviously not only is it hard to work on the site with just my phone, but I’m having to deal with super fun things like waiting for the police to finally come around and take fingerprints.

So poor Rachel is having to fill in. Please be patient as she is also busy… In fact if there are any long timers who always fancied doing updates, drop me a line. But it really has to be someone that I know quite well.

Hopefully I’ll be back on my digital feet sooner rather than later.

• Nannina says:

Daz, that sucks! I’m sorry that you’re going through that (and while you slept?! Creepy), if I can help at all let me know, but it would have be something that can be done from an iPad. Good luck with finding the bastards, and your stuff.

• Stefan says:

Hey Dazza,
    I’ve send you an email.
    I hope you get well soon!
    But take your time!
    Greetings from germany.

• Joe Schmo says:

Bummer Dazza. Glad no one was physically hurt.
    Can we donate?

Luv,
    Joe “Dazza Got A Phone” Schmo.

• AMSSERME says:

I’m sorry for your situation,Dazza.Hope you recover your stuff and the thieves be arrested. I don’t think there is any Natalie news unless there is any photos from the set of Jane Got A Gun.

• fanatical610 says:

Sorry to hear that Daz. This is a very mature fanbase so don’t worry about the updates

• Jack says:

Really sorry to hear that. I hope the police find the bastards who did this.

• natness says:

This update is much more than we can expect in such a situation. All the best Dazza!

Wow, I’m so sorry. I’m glad that you’re okay…that’s what matters most. I hope they catch the a**holes that did this and that you get everything back in one piece. Take care.

• anon says:

Not to offend your country Dazza but you may wanna get the hell out of South Africa. I hear the crime’s only gonna get worse.

That or stock up on guns & ammo. That country’s going to be a war zone in another decade.

• Wow, that’s horrible! So sorry, Dazza! How can people be such asses?!?

• rryq says:

Sorry for what happened to you,Dazza.Hope you can get your computer back soon enough so that we can see you update again.

• Adonis says:

“We live in a dangerous world”
    Hi Dazza, I hope that the search for the perpetrators is Completed as soon as possible, and get all their stolen property back.
    But the main thing is that nothing happened to them, because those types are usually armed ..
    I hope that everything goes ok for you.

• doesthepoohdance says:

Grrrrl, I hope you had insurance! A pooh travesty. If you don’t have insurance on your electronics, I for one hope Natalie buys you a mockingbird. And a diamond ring. A looking glass. A billy goat. A cart and bull. A dog named Rover. A horse and cart. Not the same cart you got with the bull, but another cart!

• Kylabosch says:

Oh my word I’m so sorry to hear that Dazza I’m glad you’re okay and that no one was hurt (besides the losers who cleaned out your place). I hope everything settles with the cops soon and that the culprits are caught and your things restored =/

• Dazza says:

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Anon, crime is a reality in SA for sure. Cape Town is not so bad, as long as you stay out of bad areas. Still no place I’d rather live as Cape Town is amazing. Oddly, the reason this happened is because I was lax with security (compared to other SA houses) and that’s because I’ve lived here my whole life and this is the first time it has happened. Hard lessons learned.

• Elin says:

I don’t have anything really insightful to say here; I just hope those a-holes are caught. This happened to my mom when she still lived in Indonesia. She found back most of her stuff on the black market in the weekend. Might be worth looking into.

Anyway, I just want to let you know how much I appreciate the consistent and hard work that’s been put into this site. Many actors and actresses have fansites, but I can’t think of any as fun and complete as this one. I’ve been following it for about 8 years now. Best wishes Dazza.

• mara says:

Hello Dazza
    I am sorry too
    I would like make something for You
    Greetings from Italy

• Lee Bartholomew says:

Having talked with a few. Only way they could do things that quietly unless you wear earplugs like I do. is if they know you. 🙁 Course they might not know there might be a million unhappy Natalie Portman fans on the lookout for such items. best to take photos of everything you have. oh hope they didn’t snatch any natalie portman stuff or if they just cant tell whats worth things. computer I sleep with so they’d be dead if they figured that out…

• awiseone says:

Sometimes life is just a “BITCH” for no reason at all.

• kabuloglu says:

So sorry to hear that! Take as much time as you need and really love your site. At least you are safe,….