Check In With Jane

By June 28, 2013Nat-news

A couple smaller news items relating to Jane Got A Gun. The production has gotten mostly positive press since Bradley Cooper was replaced by Ewan McGregor. Well Celebitchy has a new piece up, sourced by the ever reliable Star Magazine, which claims that people are tip-toeing around Natalie’s fierce temper, brought about by feeling personally insulted by all the actors who have had to leave the project.

“She is such a micromanager and has no qualms about dressing someone down and humiliating them… she’s made people cry and never apologizes. She tells everyone how to do their job: the lighting guy, the sound guy and the director. It’s crazy!”

Yes, it is crazy. While I could never say with certainty that this report isn’t accurate, I think we all know that Natalie’s on set reputation is right up there. Even on films that prove to be a challenge, she seems to take a professional view of things and just does her job. Granted, she is producing now, which is a different hat, but treating people well and with respect is so high on her list of priorities that I would be amazed if this is even remotely accurate. And since it’s coming from Star Magazine, there’s no real reason to be concerned.

On a more positive note, Ewan has finished filming and The Telegraph has a set photo, giving us a good look at the appearance of his character, as well as that of Boyd Holbrook. Amanda Seyfried is also in the shot, although I think she was just visiting the set, because there has been no mention of her casting.

• Josh says:

I just cant picture Natalie being a hardcore bitch like the article states. She seems like such a sweet person im not buying it!!

• KateOrta says:

I didn´t know, that Amanda is going to be in the movie. That´s news.

• Dazza says:

Kate, as I said, pretty sure she’s not in the film. Maybe friends with or dating Holbrook?

• Adonis says:

I do not believe a word with Natalie’s “terrible temper.” But unfortunately so is the tabloids – always the same crap …
    Jane Got a Gun will be a great film.

• Belerofonte says:

The arguments of the “source” are so ridiculous … pure tabloid news.

Zero credibility.

Star Magazine is a piece of crap.

• I wouldn’t be surprise if Natalie has a bitch-fit and went Klaus Kinski on everyone. I’d like to see that though.

• A. Rowe says:

Actors don’t stay on the “A-List” as long as Natalie has by being difficult to work with.

• Adonis says:

Well, not everything is crap what the tabloids write – there are also interesting topics which correspond to the truth … but that very rarely.

• rryq says:

I think maybe that was sorta true.Just think about it.With so many things happening on the set,Natalie,as one of the producers and the leading actor of the film,decided to take the responsibility of helping the movie go smoothly in her way,such as taking some initiative, offering some suggestions to the staff,etc.Tha was all good-intentioned,but others may not think so,esp.when they’re doing their owm job.So that’s why they impugned Natalie, thinking she’s a micromanager and liked turning her nose into others’ businesses,kept irritating others,just because she felt affronted by the actor switch,even if Natalie just wanted to offer help.(maybe sometimes she neglected others’ feelings during that mess)
    Anyway,that’s just my guess,people can make guestimate,huh??? (whether what the truth is,Natalie is my luve and willl always be.)

• Dazza says:

It’s one thing for her to get hands on and be frustrated by the difficulties. That’s natural and as a producer she would have to get her hands dirty to keep the project together. I’m fully certain she can be tough and get her opinion across in a stern way, but her humiliating people to the point of making them cry…that seems pretty damn unlikely. Even if it wasn’t the complete opposite of what we know about Natalie, crew are pretty damn tough skinned. The idea of crew members crying is unlikely enough just on its own.

• rem's says:

bullshit ! Natalie is perfect ! 🙂

• Adonis says:

Dior seems to be thrilled with Natalie – and that says a lot …

• immature says:

People have to express their hate in some fashion, and this is a pretty nothing rumor. From Star Magazine. If this is the best haters can come up with, let them hate, get a little out of their system.