Natalie Back To LA

By February 4, 2016Nat-news

There was a press conference and an official announcement today, the Benjamin is leaving the Paris Ballet in July. Benjamin will be returning to work in L.A. and I presume that means the family will be heading back as well. The hand-wringing when she left L.A. really bemused me so I’m not looking for the same regarding Paris. Personally, I couldn’t care less where she lives.

Speaking of not caring, Benjamin was pretty clear about his reason for leaving. He sounds more than a little frustrated by the experience.

“I want to regain my freedom and I want to create,” he said. “I’ve been honored to be given the opportunity to work at the Opera and with the dancers, but this job, as it exists today, is not something I want.”

Read more at the NY Times. Thanks to Belerofonte.

• Nina says:

Let’s hope this reinvigorates her career but I did like the choices she was making from France. I liked the idea that she was interested in working with European filmmakers. She can still do this but I guess there will less of an impetus. I doubt she will make another film in French.

• Dazza says:

Yeah, if anything that’s what saddens me. Obviously she can and will still work with Europeans but the idea of her acting in awesome little French films was so intriguing.

• Nina says:

I saw the video posted in the forum of the press conference. It’s funny that he’s wearing an ordinary T-shirt and the others are in smarter clothes. He must have really stopped caring! I just don’t understand why he didn’t stay there longer. Change takes time and he has already implemented a lot of changes in the Paris Ballet.

• Aurore L. says:

I think it will definitely not change anything for Natalie. I’m just a bit sad for promotional aspects, we never have as much interviews, appearances, in France since she moved here. but well I will come back to my old habits and whatch what she do in the US.

• natness says:

Paris is a radiant city and that rubs off on those who live there (at least in my naive idealist´s view of Paris). I prefer thinking of Natalie in Paris than Natalie in L.A. She had something even more subtle and fragile against that backdrop. She´s just not an American beauty.

• Azhizad says:

I’m excited! I told you that girl is amazing.

• Cédric42 says:

pourquoi Benjamin quitte l’Opéra de Paris et que le couple Portman/Millepieds retourne aux USA ? peut être parce que Natalie ne se sent plus en sécurité en France malgré son amour pour ce pays. Les événements dramatique qu’ont eu lieu en France en 2015 (attentats du 7 Janvier, attentats du 13 Novembre, ajoutés à cela une forte montée de l’antisémitisme. Natalie a du avoir peur, pour elle, pour Aleph et à du pousser Benjamin à démissionné, ce n’est que mon avis personnel

• Cek says:

It’s been so long since I commented here I forgot my usual handle, but I am very happy Natalie is returning, personally. And to the person who likes the Parisian Natalie better than the la one: da fuq??? She’s a MOVIE STAR! Cmon guys! That s why we love her and movie stars are in their element and their best light in la.