Calendar – December

By December 1, 2016Site-news

The last Natalie wallpaper calendar of the year has arrived, and it is a stunner. A big thanks to Celina.

natdec 1920x1080th

1600×1200
1280×1024

Nice! From what photoshoot is that? I don’t recognize it.

Thanks! Don’t know how I missed it.

Okay, I feel silly asking this question, but I know nothing about photo editing.. Celina, how did you get rid of the people and make the picture wider?

• Celina says:

Don’t have to feel silly at all πŸ™‚ There’s a tool in Photoshop that’s called the Clone Stamp. Basically, I copied other parts of the grass to the spaces where the people were. πŸ™‚ If you look really closely, you can sometimes see that parts of the grass where the people were, are the same as the grass close by. Hope that made sense πŸ™‚

Ahh yes, I know that tool. I’ve used it in the past, sometimes successfully, sometimes not so much. Depends on the picture. I often end up with all kinds of weirdness all over the place. I’m probably not just patient enough. I don’t use Photoshop anymore but I do use another program that basically has the same tool. How do you change the aspect ratio? Really awesome job!

By aspect ratio I mean that I would use the 1920×1080. The original looks like it’s 1600×1200.

• Celina says:

With the clone tool, I can recomment that you put the opacity a bit lower, that way you can make better transitions between the parts that were already there and the ones you’re copying. It looks a bit nicer then. But yeah, patience helps as well πŸ™‚
    I always try to go for an original picture that is very HQ so that it’s bigger than 1920×1200, so I have enough size for the biggest ratios. I always start with the 1600×1200. When I’m done with that, I just copy all the layers I have to a new file that’s 1920×1080, for example. I try to make them look mostly alike but of course, with the 1920×1080 one, I had to erase a couple more people, for example. So yeah, I pretty much just make three different files with the different ratios. πŸ™‚

Thanks for the explanation! πŸ™‚