On the Basis of WTF JUST HAPPENED

By July 18, 2017Nat-news

It’s just been announced that Felicity Jones (Star Wars: Rogue One) is replacing Natalie on the Ruth Bader Ginsburg project, On the Basis of Sex. It films in September with Mimi Leder directing. So far there’s no explanation for why Natalie has left the project.

I really love Leder’s work on The Leftovers so I’m a bit disappointed. That said, I’m also not a big biopic fan so…

But what do you think?

• Stan says:

Every thought and be not sure its reprections..

• Brian says:

Guess Felicity’s considered hotter (in more ways than one) than Natalie now.

• Scipio123 says:

Hardly. There’s only three years difference between them. More likely that Nat wants a rest after Jackie and wants to be with her family.

• rryq says:

not very interested in biopic.hope natalie can take a more interesting project .maybe another Hebrew or French movie?:)

• AMSSERME says:

Perhaps we should thank Amalia for Natalie dropping out of the film.It has been five months since Amalia’s birth so it’s reasonable that Natalie wants to take a break from acting.

• Nina says:

Maybe she had differences with Mimi Leder and left the movie- but that doesn’t seem likely. Hopefully we’ll here an announcement for a new project soon.

• Aurore says:

I heard the news yesterday and I’m still under the shock, I hope they will give us a valuable reason! It was one a the project I was most excited about… Natalie had definitely bad luck with female directors…

• Micah says:

I don’t usually leave comments on websites, but I am a huge fan of Natalie Portman, so I thought maybe I could start posting some comments here. Anyway, on her leaving the production I’m sure she would have done just fine with her acting like she has done in so many of her other movies, she is always a joy to watch, and very smart, and beautiful, and whatever her reasons for leaving I do wish her well and the best in whatever she does next in her life, and I do hope the best for both her and her family spiritually, physically, and financially. By the way Natalie, I thought you done a superb acting job in “Jackie”. I even got the DVD movie for my mother along with some red roses for Mother’s Day and my mother really did enjoy watching you in the movie.

I feel disappointed as well, but at the same time, Natalie has already done one biopic, so maybe it’s best that she stay away from another one, lest she starts being labeled or typecast as only doing biopics. Maybe she wants to spend more time with Amalia (and the rest of her family of course), as she has been doing a lot of Dior events. Or it could be that doing the movie would interfere with her Dior responsibilities. I don’t think it was a case of wanting to replace Natalie with Felicity Jones…I think it was most likely her decision to leave. Whatever the case, she has to make the best decision for herself. It’s a shame the role might have garnered her an Oscar, but at the same time, it’s the performance, not the role, that gets the award.

• Pooh says:

I think any post by Dazza is welcomed. But really why can’t I write a decent comment here? Natalie should’ve done this movie, duh. Oh well, maybe JiffyPop is out of business?