nat writes

By May 2, 2007Site-news

Are you tired of me yet? Give it time.

Just got a couple more cool links for you. Time Magazine has done a list of 100 people who shape our world and no, I didn’t make the cut this year. Neither did Natalie. But she did contribute the writeup for Alber Elbaz. Thanks to Celiana.

The other link is from Harper and is a cute writeup of the Paris Je T’aime after party.

Natalie Portman, one of the film’s biggest stars, opted for both, and upon arriving at the latter, said that watching herself on the big screen was “like revisiting my youth.” The petite actress filmed her segment five years ago and used it to help attract other celebrities to the project. The evening marked new territory for her in the fashion department, though. “This is the first time I’m wearing YSL, I think,” she said of her dress, before excusing herself to greet her father.

Papa Portman wasn’t the only one vying for his daughter’s affections. Former Rag & Bone designer Nathan Bogle lingered close by; Steve Buscemi (whose part in Joel and Ethan Coen’s segment won the evening’s biggest laughs) asked for a photographer’s number after having his picture taken with the pretty starlet; and Zach Braff confessed she was the only reason that he was there. “I love Natalie; I’ll support anything that she does,” he said.

• Mac81 says:

Dazza, you’re doing overtime again? Thanks for the news!

I’m on call 24/7! Except when I’m sleeping. Or out. Or watching a movie. Or…

Normally I would often hold news over to do one big update but the news this week is of the “can’t wait” variety, hence all the updates.

• jenR1215 says:

“Papa Portman” thats cute.

Zach Braff creeps me out for real. Its like he wont leave her alone. I mean i know they’re probably friends. But he always makes me think of a stalker or a perv.

Not saying or calling him one, he just creeps me out. Every picture taken of him is big blue eyes bugged out. ugh, lol.

• Mockingbird says:

Nice write up from Natalie. I agree with Elbaz addition but some of that list is ridiculous: Justin Timberlake, John Mayer, Brad Pitt…huh?

LOL@JenR1215: I think Braff is so funky looking too! I did really love Garden State and it’s great they’re still mates but there’s something about him that bugs.

• Chewbacca says:

Hey guys, I just wanted to tell you that Nat has been chosen for “look the day”at the instyle magazine: you can go to this link: http://www.instyle.com/instyle/, and vote for her!!!!

• henrik says:

jen, your comment about zach braff… where does that come from?

people, check out miles dyson’s “electrify”-remix. ๐Ÿ˜‰

and yes, this week was huge in news.

• jenR1215 says:

@ Henrik

I’m not sure what you’re really asking me, so my only answer i can say is “from my head.” ๐Ÿ™

• life_is_a_cereal says:

Seriously, what the hell Jen? ๐Ÿ˜‰ Zach Braff is like the love of my life. I think he’s great.

• jenR1215 says:

@ Mockingbird

oops didnt see ya below me. (sorry)

I have nothing against Zach. I liked him in Garden State… but my thoughts of him changed when i heard the commentary. He just got on my damn NERVES. i dont know why, i was just like “OmG, shut UP!” at times… maybe it’s bcuz he was on two commentaries… Maybe this was the guy Nat referred to on the Actors Studio, bcuz sometimes on it she was like “Yeah…”

I got tired of the “Jewish” talk too.. not really ‘tired’ as in ‘sick’ but ‘tired’ as in ‘Hoooow many TIMES are u going to TALK about it???” Movie mentions being Jewish. The commentary talks about being Jewish. The BLOOPERS mention being Jewish!

IT MADE ME WANT TO BE JEWISH, SO I COULD HAVE A REASON TO TALK ABOUT IT!

Should be re-titled:

Garden State: A Jewish Movie

• Garcy says:

What’s with the Zach negativity? He’s probably just as big a fan of Natalie Portman as any of us. But with the added bonus of getting to see her in person AND getting her to star in YOUR movie. Jealousy much? ๐Ÿ˜‰ I keed.

• gabriota says:

>Steve Buscemi (whose part in Joel and Ethan Coen’s segment won >the evening’s biggest laughs)

That s because their short is the funniest of all the movie.

• _Anyathe says: