Tears off screen and on?

By November 1, 2008Nat-news

In this new interview with Carmen Maura, Natalie’s co-star on Free Zone, she talks about the director, Amos Gitai, being very difficult to work with and how Natalie was crying every day. The interview is in Spanish so the translation could be very wrong. If you speak Spanish, feel free to correct me.

If true its not that surprising. Free Zone was so bad it even brought me to tears.

• rafael28 says:

i rented Free Zone from Netflix last year & i never got passed the crying scene intro

man was that cringeworthy :/

• Carlotto says:

It was very good imo. Especially the first scene and the last.

• JenR1215 says:

Gitai isn’t even a good director/film maker in the 1st place.

not sure why, if he was being dick, Nat would continue to be on the project…especially since she’s all Feminist. why would she let a man bring her down like that?

doesn’t balance out.

Loved the opening scene but it was all downhill after that.

Speaking of balancing out, unless the article says something about the actresses being exploited or treated differently, I’m not sure what feminism has to do with dealing with a difficult director.

Dazza, yeah, the 10 minute long crying scene was probably the least dull moment of the entire film. :\

• plop says:

I don’t see anything to correct in that translation.

• xavipola says:

Hi ! I am fron Spain and the traslation is ok!

poor Nat xD

• markor says:

She doesnt talk about Natalie crying just because she wanted to say that… she meant Amos Gitai was a little “special” (lets put it that way) with everyone, even Natalie, cos Amos saw her crying almost everyday. (maybe he didnt like that?!?!?!)
    That’s the only correction I thought I needed to point out. 🙂
    I think it makes a lil difference.