Charlie Awards: Most Frustrating Miss

By March 15, 2013Site-news

One week of Charlie Awards categories left. Today we flip the last category on it’s head. Films that Natalie was linked to that have now been made without her, so we have a concrete idea of just how disappointed or relieved we are that they never happened.

Most Frustrating Missed Opportunity

Total Voters: 244

Loading ... Loading ...

• Tam says:

What was she supposed to play in The Dark Knight Rises? I don’t even remember her being considered for a role in the movie.

• Val says:

She wasn’t linked to The Dark Knight Rises. I think I saw a red carpet interview with Natalie surprised by the rumors since they never contacted her actually.

• Mel_M says:

I couldn’t finish Dark Knight Rises: as I recall, I got bored.

I’ve seen one version of Wuthering Heights (without having read the book) and I’ll never watch another or read the book. Cause: it was pushing brazen irrationalism.

I didn’t see Cloud Atlas, and from reviews, I most likely won’t.

I watched Prometheus all the way, but regretted it. Again, the movie was pushing brazen irrationalism.

So, I’m glad she wasn’t in any of these movies.

Natalie’s performance in Black Swan was right up there with those of Jodie Foster in The Accused and Charlize Theron in Monster: super extraordinary.

My favorite Natalie movie is Goya’s Ghosts.

With Natalie, and other actors too, there are movies that I’m ecstatic that they didn’t do. In fact, I would rather Natalie stick with (mainly) heavy-lift dramatic roles and stay way from comic book roles.

• Lee Bartholomew says:

except for Wuthering Hights. . if she was connected Batman not sure how she would have reacted to the horror in Colorado. So really glad she wasn’t in it.

Promethesis (sp) Charlize Theron already tried the short hair trick this year and Natalie still has hear Beat there. and the Dark Haired one in the movie was tolerable but believe it made the Alien movies look tame and given WInona Ryder was already in one wouldnt have been a great thing to have another dark haired beauty in the series.

Cloud Atlas maybe. But that movie was pushing something that only happened once in greatness. LOTR. Hobbit being a kids book and very short at that isn’t even trying to beat that. (oi getting old wasnt the last one to come out in 2003 X_X and I still think of the entire series as new. And it ended before Star Wars III did. Maybe it should be what classic or any movie do we wish she was in. (not Show Girls) and this is theoretical. Not how old she wasn’t when a movie came out .

• Dazza says:

Natalie was on a shortlist for TDKR that Deadline revealed. Maybe Deadline was wrong (they’re normally quite accurate) but regardless, for a brief moment Natalie was being talked about. Granted, the other links were a lot stronger but having 3 was not quite enough. Pity Gravity didn’t come out already as that’s another one that seemed to have been a possibility.

Should have probably included Dragon Tattoo, although that came out just before 2012, and the link was also fairly flimsy.

• Jack says:

Not fussed about any of them, I’m glad she didn’t end up doing Cloud Atlas – that film was a big mess.

I’ll always be a little gutted that she didn’t do Doubt; she’d be a three time academy award nominee by now! (and a win counting Black Swan obviously).

I feel like she dodged a bullet with most of these tbh.

• Dazza says:

I’m not too heartbroken. Actually Wuthering Heights would have been interesting…actually it probably would have been a bad fit, but would love to see her in something so earthy. I guess Malick might tick that box.

• Dazza says:

Gravity is the one I think I might end up really regretting.

• Jack says:

Oh yeah, I agree. A part of me wants the movie to succeed because I’m so looking forward to it, but I’m gonna be so gutted if Bullock gets an Oscar nomination for it.

The script for Jane Got A Gun isn’t that great :/