Gone Girl

By July 11, 2013Nat-news

The big news of the day (if The Wrap’s source is correct) sees Natalie being linked to David Fincher’s new film, Gone Girl. The project is based on a best selling novel with Ben Affleck already in place as the lead. Fincher is an incredible director, especially when going to the dark side (Seven, Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, The Game), so I couldn’t be more jazzed about this one. The only concern is that Emily Blunt and Charlize Theron are also being considered for the role. With the film set to shoot in the fall, we shouldn’t have too long to wait to know whether this is happening with Natalie or not.

The Playlist have a nice little summary of the plot.

The thriller tells the tale of a woman who disappears on her fifth wedding anniversary, with all the evidence pointing to her husband Nick, the latter role which Affleck will take. In the novel, he’s a 34-year-old reasonably successful magazine journalist who moves back home to Carthage, Missouri, to open a bar with his sister after falling into financial hardship following the recession. As we noted, the role requires someone who can play things close to his chest without giving away whether Nick is a stone-cold killer or an innocent caught up in someone else’s machinations.

Thanks to Maribel and Kitten.

• Adonis says:

These are again good news – Natalie in a new movie … I hope so

• Nannina says:

So would the female lead be the wife (if so I guess told in flashbacks since she is “gone”) or the sister? I haven’t read the book so I don’t know how much a physical presence the wife has in it, but the blurbs seem to point to her being more of psychological influence than a woman in the flesh that can be acted… then again “Laura” (1946) managed to have the lead actress be dead at the beginning of the movie, and still have her be the star of the show.

• GoneGirl says:

I was hoping that Natalie would be cast after seeing pictures with her and Reese Witherspoon at the gala. I’ve read the book and I think Natalie’s too young to be cast alongside Ben Affleck because in the book a big issue is made about Amy being worried about ageing and her looks fading. Amy’s worried that her husband (who is younger than her) may not be attracted to her anymore. But I would really like to see Natalie work with Fincher. I think Reese Witherspoon would be really good as well but sadly she’s only producing.

• GoneGirl says:

According to the LA Times casting with Natalie didn’t work out. I guess this news item fizzled out quickly.

• Narkel says:

I really want to see Natalie working with Fincher, David is going to get a great acting work from Natalie, there’s no doubt about it. But right now, I’ll prefer seeing Fincher reunite with Rooney to make The Girl Who Played with Fire.

• mr.portman says:

Natalie working with fincher, that would be great