Jane Got A Summer Release

By November 25, 2013Nat-news

The much maligned production of Natalie’s western, Jane Got A Gun, has made the film quite a high profile curiosity, at least in film geek circles. Well, the wait, to find out if the film was worth all the effort, is approximately 9 months away.

The Wrap are reporting an August 29th release date. Nice to have confirmation that we’ll be seeing at least one Natalie film in 2014. Hopefully some news on the Malick films will add those to the list as well. 2014 is the year of the indie film!

Now how about some official stills or a poster or a trailer?

Thanks to Maribel.

• Damn, was hoping for a release during oscar season.

• Garcy says:

I’m a bit disappointed. I’m not writing it off just yet, but if the final product was truly great, it would’ve been released even a few weeks later (to be eligible for TIFF, at least). Well, I guess it’s not the end of the world. 😛

• Dazza says:

Well it can be great and not an Oscar film. Sounded like a genre film from the synopsis so was never expecting an Oscar run. Although it’s not impossible to make a run while opening earlier in the year and we don’t know the date was chosen because they didn’t think it had any awards chances. Could be that first and foremost they want to make bank and maybe just feel counter programming in the late summer is the best chance for it to make a box office impact. In fact it’s almost the same release date as Yuma (1 week earlier), which was a pretty good success for $50 million domestic.

• Dazza says:

I’m not too surprised given what we know. Sounds more like 3:10 To Yuma kinda film.

• AMSSERME says:

Great News! Looking forward to see this movie.

@Lights Camera Reaction- Don’t worry,The fact that it will release by the end of August puts the film near the Films Festivals Seasons which will show the films with potential to compete for Awards.Besides,with Gravity and other great films that are now in contention for this Awards season it seems almost impossible that Natalie’s film would have made a difference much less win the Best Picture Award.

• AMSSERME says:

Dazza-Unforgiven was a Western and won an Oscar,Can’t remember if for Best Picture or Best Director,But the point is if Natalie’s Western has a good story and is successful in the Box Office it could have a chance to earn a nomination.With all the trouble it had to produced ,I have no doubt the film will generate sympathy which will favor the film and possibly Natalie’s nominations for Best Picture and Best Actress respectively.This year would have been difficult because of Gravity and Sandra Bullock’s performance in that film for Natalie to even hope to contend for the Oscar.

• Dazza says:

Nothing is impossible but Unforgiven was a very special film. Jane is (I believe) a genre film, and those hardly ever do well at the Oscars, let alone a western. Even the title makes it clear what kind of film it is. I just hope it’s good on it’s own merits. If it’s anything close to what the director did with the sports/fighting genre in Warrior then I’ll be over the moon.

• Nina says:

The release date doesn’t seem that promising. I’m not sure how much money it will be able to make considering the Gone Girl film is being released a week after Jane. Still bitter Natalie passed on Gone Girl. Lol. I hope Jane turns out to be good.

• rryq says:

Best news of the day!
    Let the trailer come…PLEASE

• Adonis says:

The best advertisement for the film in my opinion was the up and down, and the many rumors whether he will come or not.
    I must confess that I am very excited about this film …. I think he sounds like my expectations…