Is Natalie Expecting?

By February 2, 2014Nat-news

Yeeeah, so we’ve been trying to dance around this as much as possible. Waiting for some kind of official confirmation, but it hasn’t been forthcoming (in fact a Jewish paper claimed the couple said they were not expecting another child) and I can’t post this new (actually from a month ago) photo without stating the blindingly obvious – Aleph has a brother or sister on the way. I like to be very cautious with posts like this but this photo combined with the photo from the other day is pretty undeniable.

Congratulations to Natalie and Benjamin. And Aleph 🙂

UPDATE – Just to confirm, this is purely what my eyes are telling me and as such is not anything like an official announcement. I just don’t know what else to say but “well that’s a pregnant lady right there”. Natalie and Ben are keeping it on the down low and good for them, it’s working well. Hell, they should never announce it. It’s not like they owe that information to the public.

pB1I96yth

Big thanks to Kitten for the find.

• Sharhem says:

OMG! I know this is selfish, BUT WHY NATHALIE? T.T
    Forgetting that she is an actress and that there will be another hiatus, I’m very happy for her and her family, and sincerely hope everything goes down well 😀

• Dazza says:

At least we have 3 films in the can + ATOLAD to tide us over.

• Adonis says:

Why so shocked?
    Natalie does what she thinks is right, she wanted a child and Aleph is finally no more alone …. Congratulations Natalie!
    And for the future I’m not worried, Natalie has much potential for great movies ….

• MrsKiraSayers says:

But if it will born female…they will call her Beth, like the second letter of the Hebrew alphabet?

• Nina says:

I hope people don’t start hounding her if news gets out she’s pregnant.

• What a good news. Congratulations Natalie

• From France with love! says:

yeahhhh !!! I’m very happy for them, congratulations to the family, Aleph is going to be a big brother ! 🙂

• Nannina says:

Honestly if they haven’t confirmed it, and have spent the last few months in a purposely paparazzi free area is it really our place to make a big deal out of it?

Then again I understand your role as a place to report on news of Natalie (and as an unaffiliated site you are there for the fans rather than Natalie herself), and this is Natalie news… but it still makes me queasy personally.

• Dazza says:

Well what’s your definition of a big deal? Personally I’d rather have a Jane Got A Gun poster or something. I’ve always been much more interested in the work than the personal side.

I tried to keep it on the down low whilst not doing any burying of head in the sand but when you see that photo above…I mean what else is there to say but congratulations?

I have to agree, Nannina. NP.com is just a fan site, and at this point it’s hard to argue that Natalie doesn’t appear to be expecting, but stating it like it’s a fact rubs me the wrong way. If Natalie and Benjamin are both denying that she’s pregnant to the press, it’s pretty obvious to me that, for whatever reason, they don’t want to announce anything publically yet (or she really isn’t pregnant, and then I’m confused). IMO, speculation is one thing, but announcing something personal like a pregnancy is kind of disrespectful. :\

• Dazza says:

I’m kinda torn. I get what you and Nannina are saying, in fact half of me agrees whole heartedly. But the other half feels it’s a bit of a weird game to play where you know she’s pregnant, everyone else knows she’s probably pregnant, but you dance around it and fuel unnecessary speculation while we wait for People magazine to chime in.

It might be because I really don’t like speculating about personal things. We do it because Natalie fans have a strong interest in her personal life and the site is run for her fans, but I’d rather draw a line under it and move on.

• AMSSERME says:

Frankly,Dazza,You are basing your claims on photos not on any official source.I think I will play it safe to wait for a official confirmation by Natalie herself or her reps. Ofcourse Natalie is known to keep secrets about her personal life,but sooner or later her womb will grow and she won’t be able to deny her pregnancy.Her dresses could be deceptive so we can’t be so sure if she is pregnant or not.Only time will tell.If Natalie plans to get pregnant,her best time would be when she moves to Paris later this year,where perhaps she will take a time out on movies in order to make a swift transition from USA to France.Thats my opinion.

• Dazza says:

Yes it’s not based on an official confirmation. I’ll add a question mark to the headline if that helps. I’m normally very sceptical about reading too much into photos but this is pretty clear cut imo.

Alternate theory, she’s gone Method actor for the new performance as is doing a reverse Black Swan 😛

• Patricia says:

Is sad say this, but that emaciated she looks in this picture.

• Alex says:

What about this article http://www.jpost.com/Arts-and-Culture/Entertainment/Report-Natalie-Portmans-husband-hopes-to-be-a-Jew-soon-339743 ? You had posted it before. It explains that they are not expecting another child.

• Boshudi says:

I’m sure Nat is going to be a great mom!

• Eatpaste says:

maybe its for a movie

• Alex says:

She has been a mom for at least 3 years.

• Alice says:

Somehow I don’t believe they will confirm the pregnancy before someone bigger (e.g. people.com) reports about it and contacts a rep. I haven’t seen any of these pictures or the rumors on one of the common (US) gossip sites. It seems for now they are trying to deny it because they still can (not enough public pressure) but it’s obvious she is pregnant. Either they think we are stupid (I mean seriously…how can you deny that??) or they are really trying to protect their privacy. Not sure this is the right way though…only increases speculations…

• Alice says:

Not to forget: congratulations to them 🙂

• chocchipwookiee says:

If she is pregnant (and I’d be thrilled for her), I don’t think it’s unlikely she wouldn’t want to confirm it, especially given how private she’s been in the past and the huge deal the media made out of her first pregnancy (granted, Black Swan migt have helped). As someone mentioned here, it might actually be part of the reason for their moving to France to get away from it all. And lastly, if memory serves Evangeline Lilly (LOST) never confirmed her prengancy even after being photographed with a huge baby bump. Like Nat, she’s known for being extremely private.
    Anyway, whatever the case, as long as Natalie and her family are happy, I’m happy 🙂

• Juan234 says:

Dazza,

Are you saying you were downplaying the suspicions you had after the first pics were posted? At the time you were pretty skeptical.

• Dazza says:

The first photo was small and taken so far away that sure it looked like there was a bump but photos can be misleading. We’ve literally had photos where Natalie looks possibly pregnant and people commenting as such and then days later new photos where Natalie looks so thin that people are saying she needs to gain weight. So when you see that you learn to remain sceptical.

However the second clearer photo was…hard to deny. And now this third photo is, for me, impossible to deny. I’m no doctor or body expert, but that looks like a pregnant lady.

• Juan234 says:

> I don’t think it’s unlikely she wouldn’t want to confirm it

Holy triple negatives…

• yuki says:

Israel is in summer now?

• Ming Choo says:

Of course she’s oregnant! Natalie shows in the face before she shows in the belly, and, well, look at her face! She’s clearly retaining water!

• Ming Choo says:

By the way, Ben is great husband and father, so mazel tov to them! He and Natalie are clearly very committed to each other and their kids are very lucky to have such great parents.

• Alice says:

To be honest the more I think about it the more I’m irked by their denial of the pregnancy. If they don’t want to confirm, that’s fine with me. But why such an obvious lie? Despite their right to privacy it’s not good form and disrespectful.

• Dazza says:

Well for a start we don’t know if they actually did deny it. But for me, even if they did and it’s a lie, I couldn’t be bothered. In fact I think it’s pretty funny. She should be days away from giving birth and still deny it. She should have the new kid in her arms and answer questions about him/her with “kid…what kid?”.

• starprincess66 says:

MrsKiraSayers, I don’t think they will name him/her after the 2nd letter in any alphabet, because while it is a compliment to be named after the first letter in an alphabet, it is kinda an insult to be named after the 2nd letter in an alphabet (like saying, he comes first, you come 2nd, ya know?) i don’t think they would do that.

but anyway, i’m so happy for her!! can’t wait!!

• Nina says:

They can deny the pregnancy if they like. It’s no one else’s business. They don’t owe anyone an explanation. Does anyone know whether they’re be any news on Jane Got a Gun soon so we can stop obsessing.

• starprincess66 says:

Hopefully, I will make a new pregnancy video this time around. and hopefully, some fashion videos too.

• Nina says:

*there will be

• Alice says:

It doesn’t make sense for a newspaper to issue a fake denial of a rumor….not a way to boost the sales figures. As for the rest we can agree to disagree (still don’t think it’s okay or funny) and move on to another topic. Too much obsessing indeed.

• yuki says:

her pregnance is her not our but her personal matter,but I want to know about her direction
    and staring film,a tale of love and darkness.

• yuki says:

sorry,my English is not good.

• yuki says:

we should’nt speak her personal matter but I want to know only her jewish film.

• yuki says:

I bought that book in English and am spending a lot of time to prepare.We have no that book in Japanese.

• Cédric42 says:

it would be too if Natalie and Benjamin (not Ben as some mania of call as if they were friends with him) expecting a new child, we will know very soon I think.

• NUZILLAT Jonathan says: