Fakers

By September 10, 2012Opinions

I posted a few comments on Twitter earlier and I think I’m going to post the same sentiment here and on our Facebook page. I hope that this will have an effect, at least for a little while.

As I said on Twitter, I’ve been around the Natalie community for a really long time. Even back in the 90’s there were people trying to pose as Natalie. Facebook and Twitter has made it even easier to fool people. Not just fans, the new Twitter fake of note even got Debra Messing and Olivia Wilde to communicate with her/him. This just sucks in more Natalie fans who obviously want any excuse to believe that it’s her.

I know we all wish we had more of a direct line to our heroine, but she is a very private person and tweeting about her day is about as far from who Natalie is as it gets.

So by all means, take a look at @PortmanNatalie1 – her last tweet being that she’s informed her reps to authenticate her Twitter account – and roll your eyes at that sad individual.

Like all the other fakes that came before, they will disappear soon enough. And if that account is authenticated I will pack up my bags and leave.

UPDATE – @PortmanNatalie1 has been removed from Twitter. Insert shock here.

I can’t believe @PortmanNatalie1 has fooled so many people, especially when she’s (he?) not even attempting to “sound” like Natalie (unless Natalie talks like a teenage girl irl, idk). I’m fairly certain it’s illegal to impersonate someone.

• ClarkGablejr. says:

I so do not even want think about its kinda fun to look and see so many people doing that. She has truly been someone all around the world adore or want to be. Even at her worst she still an amazing role model. Sometimes some people do not really have to try. I personally know maybe a couple people like that. Women want there boyfriends to act like him. I have a pretty good feeling that he hates and it embarrasses him not much he can do about it. Its nice to see others like that too!

• Dazza says:

Rach, forget the tweets. Look at the name! Look at the bio (which previously included “dancer”)! Look at the avatar!

Funny how “she” is trying to get her reps to confirm the account. How about posting a photo that nobodies ever seen before. That’d take, what, 5 minutes?

You and I should do a fake Natalie account. We’d take fake to a whole new level. It would be a masterpiece 😛

Well, I mean if people are ignoring those basic facts, it’s still not hard to figure out that it’s not her based on what and how often “Natalie” is tweeting.

• cincillo21 says:

VERIFY MY PAGE, IT’S MY TURN!!
    God, she’s not even nearly believable.
    You’re with your family in such an awesome location like West Indies and the first thing you’re thinking about is tweeting about verifing your account and calling your reps to send a birth certificate for a blue check after the name(ASAP ahah)??
    Pfff, newbie.
    If they’re giving that blue check, I’ll be quitting with Internet for whole autumn and winter.

@Dazza
    Laughed a lot for that “dancer”.
    Which fake lasted the least? Were they more or less believable than this one?

• Narkel says:

If this person is going to pretend being Natalie, the least she/he can do is try to sound like her. Full of cliche quotes, I guess one of these days she’ll be tweeting “your envy feeds my ego” to all the “haterz”.

By “pack up my bags and leave,” you don’t mean shutting down the site do you? Just leaving Twitter and Facebook?

• PatrynXX says:

Reminds me of a Monica Bellucci account. she claimed she said her reps were authenticated the account over 1-2 years ago. never happened.

Aaaand it’s gone. Dazza, you can unpack your bags.

• MrsKiraSayers says:

I agree with cincillo21

• Dazza says:

Cincillo – I don’t really follow fake accounts so I can’t compare. I spoke out about this one because it was gaining a following and even fooling some celebs so it became hard to ignore.

Jess – I would have left the site but the site will always continue on – I hope. Still, seems everyone is stuck with me for a bit longer.

• Iktriad says:

I’m so angry about these people. Pretending to be someone else how silly is that?
    As Dazza wrote I’d be happy if Natalie use twitter to read her thoughts, but I know it will never happen. And I’m really glad that every one of these fakers vanish away so quickly like the appear.

BTW I’m feel so sorry about those get fooled (Oliva and Debra), but at least now we know they also have a good opinion about the real Nat. Which is a good thing.