Lynne Ramsay Rides Off Into The Sunset

By March 19, 2013Featured-news, Nat-news, News

Wow, this is unreal. Monday was the first day of production on Jane Got A Gun and director Lynne Ramsay was a no show. Producer and financier of the film, Scott Steindorff, has released a statement.

“I have millions of dollars invested, we’re ready to shoot, we have a great script, crew and cast,” Steindorff told Deadline. “I’m shocked and so disappointed someone would do this to 150 crew members who devoted so much time, energy, commitment and loyalty to a project, and then have the director not show up. It is insane somebody would do this to other people. I feel more for the crew and their families, but we are keeping the show going on, directors are flying in, and a replacement is imminent.”

So the production will continue but what a blow. Really in shock right now, Deadline Hollywood has the scoop and they can’t recall something like this ever happening before.

Let’s just hope the draw of Natalie, Edgerton and Jude Law can entice someone talented to the project on such short notice.

• toto20 says:

Irresponsible on Ramsay’s part , poor Natalie, after Fassbender

Wow. 🙁 Ramsay was one of the main reasons I was even interested apart from the cast.

• Jack says:

As long as Portman and Law stay attached – I’m all good. I don’t like Ramsey as a director anyway.

• Dazza says:

How awesome would it be if Patty Jenkins steps in.

• fanatical610 says:

Already seeing some comments blaming Natalie being bandied about…Let’s wait and see…

• Jack says:

Some people are wanting Portman to direct it. Thoughts?

• Dazza says:

I’m sure Ramsay has her reasons and quite possibly Natalie and the other producers are involved. But not showing up to work on day 1 of such a huge production, and apparently taking the cash as well…if the reason isn’t some kind of personal tragedy there really isn’t much than can excuse this. I bet Natalie wanted to bail on Thor after Jenkins got shoved out the door, but she did her job.

Wonder what Nash Edgerton is up to 😛

• Lee Bartholomew says:

yes , thats why they call such actors difficult. Natalie is not a difficult actress/actor. Would seem Ramsay is. I’d say thats a career killer. Now as far as her talents go, well Lindsay Lohan has talents she just has lost her way. Think Miley is way worse off though. Miley never had any talent. Just a pretty face. I just find things like not showing up as the boss on the first day unforgivable. Replace a director half way thru sure . Have an insurance company take over sure (Highlander 2) but the onus is on her.

• Well, there goes my interest in the project. Next!!!

• Mel_M says:

What a revolting development this is!

• doesthepoohdance says:

My polemic radar went off with lynne ramsey. Glad she tried to hand Natalie her ass, because I just laugh when that happens. Natalie is also a polemic sometimes. But she has had real staying power. She has earned every throat cut so to speak. What the hell am I talking about? This site used to have fun. Now it seems to be doing damage control. Natalie needs to wrap up this acting shebang with one final oscar winning performance, and she might as well direct the f**ker too. Then direct exactly three (3) more films and they better be stanking fantastic. I mean not genre bending, but transformative of cinema itself. Movies are dead boring. Human experience just can’t be revered like it was in the 20th century. It needs to be reworked. She should start with JGAG, because she does great work under pressure seemingly and then do two or three more. Then get into politics and let the real laughing and jawdropping begin! Also if the pope can abdicate why can’t lynne ramsey diva out? Hold on another thought. She should do documentaries. Eating animals and so forth. Do a documnetary on Israel. Some kind of peace treaty as improv/vanity project.

• doesthepoohdance says:

I think Natalie should do some cinema style instruction and make people smarter. Do some type of documentary Harvard style. Go up in space with NASA. Be my bodyguard and my long lost pal.

• doesthepoohdance says:

PPS. If they can get someone to take Shia LaBeouf’s place after panty twisting with Alec Baldwin on Broadway, this humble pie can be made. Get me Demarchelier…

• Ming Choo says:

Seems Natalie’s team is scrapping some stuff together behind the scenes

• Jack says:

Fassbender left because of Ramsay
    The film already has a replacement director

Mel_M…I’ve been having weird time issues with posting too.

Yup…I JUST posted that and it says 7 hours ago. However, something I posted many hours ago in the first tidbits section (actually it was a link to this story) said I posted it 27 minutes ago.

Yeah, something definitely is off with the time stamps. It says something that I posted hours ago was posted only 9 minutes ago. 😛

• Lee Bartholomew says:

yeah I see that. just posted. and I posted 7 hours ago no honestly I posted 22:54-56 pm cst not 7 hours ago. (24 hour time fairly sure it’s not almost 4pm cst

• Arrow says:

Fassbender left because X-Men is about to start shooting so she’s not to blame for that but I don’t know how she expect to find work again after such a widely reported disaster.

• Lee Bartholomew says:

Seeing comments about her being the best filmmaker alive. Eh yeah and she ruined all that work on one single day by not showing up for work. Maybe she had a stroke. Can’t imagine anyone hiring her anytime soon now. But then again maybe there’s something else going on.

• Narkel says:

I agree with you on that Lee, some people is saying “well she is a great and very talented director” like that is an excuse to be unprofessional. Some people is blaming on Natalie but what the hell, she was the one fighting for Lynne! And also as I said to one of them, if the producers (including Natalie) are jerks and that’s the reason she left, it’s not enough excuse to leave the whole crew waiting for you to come. Lynne will need a very good reason to justify this reaction.