Thor 3 Speculation

By January 11, 2015Nat-news

Thor: Ragnarok will likely go into production some time this year, but one of the big questions relates to whether Natalie will be involved or not. This is all speculation but some predictions may prove accurate so feel free to hit eject now.

KPopstarz reports that Master Herald is suggesting that Natalie might not be involved with the third Thor film. It doesn’t seem based on anything concrete and their report is all sorts of weird, even throwing confusion on the release date which, last time I checked, has already been set.

Enstarz has their own take, based largely off what happens in the comics. In their theory Jane and Thor remain together through Avengers 2 (although maybe off screen) and start Thor 3 together. The problems could come when Natalie falls for a human and Thor focuses on Asgard. This sounds more likely, with Thor having to make a big decision as to where his loyalties lie most. This report is also very odd, at one point changing Sif’s gender to a male, which had me wondering if we might get a Crying Game reveal.

Personally, I’d be amazed if Natalie doesn’t show up in the third film. If they want to end Jane’s participation in the series, there’s no way they aren’t wringing every inch of drama out of that on screen. On the other hand, I don’t think Jane has been a huge success on screen and would not be shocked in the slightest if the third film is the last for the character.

What do you think?

Thanks to Lightscamerareaction.

They had plenty of opportunities for an exit in the second film. I’m not the biggest fan of the Thor movies or Natalie’s role in them, but they’d be doing Jane Foster pretty dirty if they just wrote her out of the future film.

• Ashley says:

I hope Natalie Portman make it because she is good at playing Jane Foster I hope she is avengers 2 because Thor been thought of her

• Lee Bartholomew says:

I have little interest in Thor if Natalie isn’t in it. Theoretically they should just make her part bigger. It is the Comics after all. Liv Tyler’s role in LOTR in the books is an afterthought. She’s not a lead character. But she is one in the trilogy. Take away what you will. I just know the best screen caps have all come from Thor movies. Thor more than it’s sequel.

• A. Rowe says:

Marvel has yet to make a franchise that goes beyond a third film. It’s very possible it will be the last film for everyone, except Hemsworth, who may do more Avengers movies. And even that might not be so sure.

• Cory says:

She’s not in THOR 3. Several geeks sights have reported that at a previous Con last year, they were granted a viewing of the party scene in Avengers Tower. In said scene, it is revealed that THOR is depressed because he and Jane recently broke up. Devin over at reported as much because he’s viewed several versions of the script. They all had THOR and Jane broken up.

Drew McWeeny over at has hinted several times last year that Marvel didn’t pick up her option for a 3rd.

• Marie says:

I think reshoots don’t start until the end of January. For all we know, she may have a surprise cameo. I think she’s contracted for a third film. Let’s hope for a great storyline for Natalie!

• Mandip says:

Well Natalie Portman did sign a 3 film deal! So there is a high chance of her being in Thor 3 or even many A2!?

• Cory says:

She’s not in ULTRON. There’s been enough leaked out about that film to know that she’s definitely not in it. They’re doing reshoots at the moment and she’s not there.

• potograpiya says:

i love natalie portman. she is a part of success of thor so i must say she deserve until her character is not dead.

• Valstad says:

She’s dynamite in any film no matter what, except “black swan.” I hate that movie.

• Ann Marie Schlichting says:

She and Chris are awesome together! Won’t be the same without her. I’ve seen versions of the comic book where Jane becomes “immortal”…. hmmm….

• chris says: