Mea Culpa

By February 15, 2014Opinions

As teased in the comments and Twitter, I just wanted to apologize for jumping the gun on the Natalie pregnancy rumour. If you’ve been visiting the site for awhile you’ll know I’m very quick to pour water over rumours based on very little evidence. It’s actually a pet peeve of mine where someone takes one still frame and extrapolates a narrative from that one moment.

When the better candid photo arrived, followed by another posed shot with perfect lighting, I really thought there’s no way she’s not pregnant. I don’t enjoy the private aspect of covering Natalie news (once upon a time it was different but either I’ve matured – hah – or the fact that Natalie now has a family has changed that) but we do it for the fans who are interested in all aspects of Natalie’s life. As I’ve always said, this site is for you guys. If there’s Natalie news out there, you should be able to read about it and engage with it here.

But back to the faux pregnancy, as I mentioned in the comments the day after, I just wanted to draw a line under it and move on. The speculation was getting annoying and, as I just mentioned, I was now pretty damn convinced. Well, this week it became clear that Natalie’s brood will remain at one for the near future at least. What was up with those photos…who knows, maybe she found Betty Draper’s pregnancy suit.

In any case, sorry again and I’ll be sure to avoid any proclamations without being sure of the facts in future.

• NPyall says:

I like fat Natalie. anyways she looked prego for sure, so no big deal.

• Juan234 says:

The only logical explanation is that she has Keira Knightly playing her body double again…

• Kitten says:

It’s not your fault Dazza, You werent the only one that thought she was pregnant, With that scan of the pic from Jan 10th, and then the full pic of her with the mayor of Jerusalem on 2nd Jan, it definitely looked like she was pregnant, but like you said in a previous comment it must just have been the lighting or something.

• Belerofonte says:

Don’ t worry, Dazza. Usually skeptical, I also thought for a moment it was true. We are so hungry for news about Natalie scrutinize even the smallest detail we see in the pictures. This, as you say, must serve to not be swayed by blurry photos, casual poses or information without the proper context.

• fanatical610 says:

I was pretty convinced myself and like you, still don’t really understand what was going on in those photos.

I can’t blame anyone for thinking she was pregnant, even I was convinced. I’m going back to my food baby theory, though I’ve never seen one quite that pronounced before.

• Lee Bartholomew says:

For all I know Natalie was pulling a joke on the rumor sites. I dislike such rumors because basically your calling her fat… but even with the pix right now I’m not entirely convinced yet. Like the new pix of Jennifer Connelly of late. She’s got boobs. I thought she lost them in 2000-2001. O_O So maybe she was pulling an act or something . Similar to the rumor that Ben is joining the “tribe” they say. just a rumor

• AMSSERME says:

Don’t worry,Dazza. To err is human. We all make mistakes.Sometimes
    we get excited when we see or hear good news about Natalie because
    we care about her.But I think it would be safe if we wait for confirmation
    by Natalie herself or her reps or some respectable press rather
    than some photos since these could be deceptive.We can learn from
    our mistakes so don’t feel bad about it.

• Cรฉdric42 says:

dear Dazza, to err is human, we all thought with the photo with the Mayor of Jerusalem Natalie waited well her second child ๐Ÿ˜‰ I think Natalie and Benjamin are expected to be on Paris to enlarge the family ๐Ÿ™‚

• Jaro says:

Maybe “the other picture” was from her last pregnancy?

• Ad. says:

The blue dress she wears on set is weirdly cut and could hide her baby bump because there are technics used to hide a baby bump especially when it’s under 6 months pregnancy.
    Or were those pics at the restaurant retouched?

• Marion says:

Don’t worry Dazza. I’m not sure that she is not pregnant. Maybe they decided not to make it public because they have quite a lot of problems filming a Tale of Love and Darkness. And a new like that would make it worse. But I don’t know, it’s just an opinion. We will have to wait and see. Time will tell.

• Dazza says:

Pretty sure she’s not. But what do I know? ๐Ÿ˜›

• Joe Schmo says:

Kudos to you Dazza for this post and admitting your error. If only more people would do so.

I must say though, I’m more disturbed the hard hitting reporters and spies on NP.com aren’t mentioning the vicious rumour that I’m starting right here and now that Natalie and the Director of her current movie, “A Tale of Love and Darkness” are not getting on. I mean have you seen a photo of the two of them together?! A story of them complimenting one another?! I didn’t think so!

luv,
    Joe “Damn Geminis” Schmo.

• Adonis says:

Italy Austria Germany France etc, …. damn, what a tough week!

What, Natalie’s not pregnant?
    And I really thought now is Aleph no longer alone …
    Well, the main thing Natalie is doing well, and for a second child she still has time.
    Dazza, no problem, sometimes I’m wrong too.